Expand your network of global institutional representatives and strategic decisionmakers in U.S. higher education at the NAFSA 2017 Annual Conference & Expo in Los Angeles, California, USA. Collaborate with colleagues from around the world on your internationalization policy and strategies.
The NAFSA Conference is an essential annual fixture in my professional calendar. It gives me the opportunity to meet with colleagues from all our partner institutions across the world in one place, as well as connecting with new members of the international education community. Add to this a great program of sessions offering an international perspective on current hot topics in international education. I find the conference one of the most important events of my year.Ita Hermouet, I.C.E.S., France
Traveling to Los Angeles
Learn more about traveling to Los Angeles and making hotel reservations.
Need a letter of invitation to travel to the United States? Request yours today.
- Explore the gateway of global higher education at the world-class NAFSA Expo Hall featuring nearly 400 exhibitors from around the world.
- Start potential new partnerships and network with U.S. institutions at the U.S. Higher Education Partnership Fair, designed especially for international conference attendees. Attendance at the fair is free for all registered conference attendees.
- Multiple networking opportunities, including receptions, open meetings, and special events aligned with professional and personal interests, geographic areas, and institutional types designed to encourage dialogue and reach new contacts.
- Visit theonline conference program and plannerand discover higher education initiatives and trends on every continent through sessions, poster fairs, and open meetings. This year’s program will include topics on access to higher education for refugee and displaced students; current trends in internationalization and mobility; student health and wellness; and a special forum on partnership building and internationalization in Africa. The conference program will feature educational sessions and open meetings covering Europe, Asia, Canada, Middle East, Africa, and Latin America.
- Enjoy the diverse plenary speaker lineup.
- Attend one or more sessions presented by guest speakers. Guest speakers were selected by the Annual Conference Committee for the unique perspectives they bring to the NAFSA program from within and beyond the field of international education.
- Don’t Miss NAFSA’s Orientation for International Attendees on Monday, May 29, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Guide to Los Angeles
Learn about Los Angeles and tips for making the most of your conference experience from the Local Arrangements Team Communications Chair, Kelly Zuniga.