May 29-June 3, 2016
Building Capacity for Global Learning is the theme of the NAFSA 2016 Annual Conference & Expo in Denver, Colorado. The conference will feature hundreds of posters, sessions, and workshops, unlimited networking opportunities, and a world-class expo hall.
The 2016 Annual Conference Committee (ACC) is seeking proposals that reflect the best thinking in the field, informed by theory, research, and practice and cognizant of issues of diversity and inclusion.
The committee invites proposals that:
- Reflect innovation and cutting edge content
- Provide advanced content for international education professionals
- Stimulate and provoke discussion and audience engagement
- Deliver model practices using approaches for different types of learners
- Present evidence based on or supported by research
- Target either new, mid-career, or seasoned professionals
- Use multimedia approaches to enhance attendee learning
- Explore issues important to international audiences
Highlighted topics may include:
- Changing student needs and their impact on global learning and student services
- Content that is solution-oriented and provides model practices that may be applied in different educational settings
- Worldwide trends in higher education and internationalization
- Outcomes assessment and holistic student learning
- Faculty engagement and curriculum innovation
- Ethical issues in international education
- Cultural and human diversity in international education
- The current state of scholarship in the field
The overall program will result in a diverse array of presenters and perspectives, including those with different nationalities, different levels of experience, and different institutional and organizational types. Proposals with presenters from a single institution or multiple institutions will be considered equally.
NAFSA is utilizing a new proposal system this year. Please be sure to read the instructions for submission - located in the side bar of this page - very carefully and prior to submitting.
All proposal submitters and copresenters are required to have a NAFSA username and password and must login to the NAFSA system. Also required is that the chair and all copresenters must input or update a professional biography in order to submit a proposal. You will not be able to submit until all copresenters listed in the proposal have completed the login and presenter profile.
When you click on the “Submit a Proposal” button below or in the sidebar of this page, you will be taken directly to the NAFSA login page before you can enter the proposal system and begin your proposal.
Sessions and Workshops
Deadline: Monday, August 3, 2015, at 11:59 p.m. (EDT)
Notifications will be sent in late November.
View the Session and Workshop Proposal Guide
Submit a session or workshop proposal now
Deadline: Monday, December 14, 2015, at 11:59 p.m. (EST)
Notifications will be sent in February.
View the Poster Proposal Guide
Submit a poster proposal now