Registration for NAFSA's 2014 Annual Conference & Expo in San Diego, California, opens March 3, 2014, at 12:00 p.m. (EST).
There are three ways to register:
- Online: Credit card payment only
Note: Associate members and students may register online! Spouse/life partners must complete and submit a registration form.
- Fax: +1.212.460.5460 Credit card payment only
- Mail: Return completed PDF registration form (159kb ) with payment to:
NAFSA 2014, 411 Lafayette Street, Suite 201,
New York, NY 10003 USA
Registration Deadlines and Rates
In order to apply the early-bird discount, NAFSA must receive your registration form by April 18, 2014. Registrations received after that date will be processed at the regular rate.
|Registration & Hotel Reservations Open
||March 3, 2014
|Early-Bird Registration Closes
||April 18, 2014
|Hotel Reservations Close
||April 25, 2014
|Faxed Registration Forms Must be Received
||May 9, 2014
|Online Registration Closes
||May 30, 2014
||Early Bird Rec'd by 4/18
||Regular or on site
Methods of Payment
- Make your conference registration check payable in U.S. dollars (drawn on a U.S. bank) to NAFSA 2014.
- Institutional checks must indicate names of participants. Any check received without names will be returned to the institution with a request for clarification.
- NAFSA accepts American Express, MasterCard, and Visa credit cards as forms of payment.
- Complete credit card information must be provided on the registration form or with online registration.
- Institutional purchase orders are not accepted as payment.
- Wire transfers will be accepted for registrants outside the United States. For more information, please contact NAFSA's accounting department at +1.202.737.3699, ext. 2560, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Traveler's checks in U.S. dollars are accepted as payment only at on-site registration in San Diego.
- Registration forms will not be processed without full payment.
- Faxed or online registrations will be considered originals. Do not mail your registration form after you have registered by fax or online, as your credit card may be charged more than once.
Need a letter of invitation to obtain a U.S. visa? Request a letter.
As an IE professional with over 15 years in the field I continue to see the NAFSA Annual Conference & Expo as the highlight of my year!Kati Anderson Bell, Dominican University of California
What's Included in My Full Conference Registration?
Open to all full conference registrants:
- Four plenary addresses
- Expo Hall and the NAFSA Pavilion
- Sessions and seminars
- Knowledge Community networking receptions
- Poster fairs
- Knowledge Community update meetings
- Member Interest Group meetings
- Regional meetings
- Open meetings and roundtables
- Opening Celebration and Closing Celebration
- Conference Connection
- Career Center
- Campus visits
- U.S. Higher Education Partnership Fair
- Latin America Forum
Require an additional fee:
Please request accessibility services on your registration form. When making hotel reservations, be sure to communicate your needs in the “Room Type Requested” area of the form. For further assistance, please contact NAFSA Conferences and Meetings Department, 1307 New York Avenue, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20005-4701 USA or e-mail email@example.com by March 28, 2014.
Confirmation and Registration Materials
NAFSA will send confirmation of registration via e-mail to those who preregister. Please bring your confirmation with you to the conference. Preregistered attendees may stop by NAFSA Registration located in the San Diego Convention Center to pick up registration materials, which include tote bag, conference program, name badge, and tickets.
Cancellations, Refunds, and Changes to Registration
- Cancellation or request for changes to conference registration, workshop registration, and registration for Unique Learning Opportunities must be made in writing and received no later than Friday, May 2, 2014. Any cancellations received after May 2 will not be refunded.
- Refunds, if approved, will be processed four to six weeks after the conference.
- If payment is made by credit card, a credit will be issued to your credit card account; otherwise, a refund check will be issued.
- There are no refunds for special event registrations unless the event is sold out or cancelled.
- A $100 (USD) cancellation fee will be deducted from conference registration refunds and a $100 (USD) cancellation fee will be deducted from workshop and Unique Learning Opportunity registration refunds up to a $200 (USD) maximum deduction for multiple cancellations. If NAFSA cancels a workshop, you will receive notification of the cancellation and a full refund.
- All requests for changes, cancellations, and refunds must be made in writing and received no later than Friday, May 2, 2014:
411 Lafayette Street, Suite 201
New York, NY 10003 USA
Consent to Use of Photographic Images
NAFSA will build a photo, quote, and video library of the NAFSA 2014 Annual Conference & Expo. As a participant in this event, you may be photographed in group shots. NAFSA has the right to use group images in photographs, videotapes, and electronic reproduction. In the event that we interview, film, and record your words, NAFSA will seek your express permission.
NAFSA membership allows the dues-paying individual of record (whether personal or institutional payment) to receive the special member rate. Member pricing for conference registration and other conference events is available only to members in good standing whose current membership expires on or after June 30, 2014. The last date to transfer NAFSA membership from one person to another within an institution is February 28, 2014. After that date, membership may be transferred in the new dues year, beginning July 1, 2014. The only exception is for staff members who leave the institution of record; such cases will be handled on a case-by-case basis by NAFSA's Communications and Advancement Department.
NAFSA members will save $250 or more when registering for the conference. Become a member when you register for the conference and take advantage of member pricing. Visit www.nafsa.org/membership for a list of all of the benefits of NAFSA membership.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1.202.737.3699.