Save the date – Region XII Northern District Spring Conference
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Check-in starts at 8:00 a.m.
Newcomer’s session at 8:30 a.m.
Sessions start at 9:00 a.m.
Last session will end around 3:00 p.m.
Light breakfast and lunch included.
Skyline Community College
3300 College Dr.
San Bruno, CA 94066
- Thank you to everyone who submitted a conference proposal!
- Conference Registration is now open!
- Early-Bird registration closes Monday, March 17, 2014
- Online registration closes Monday, March 24, 2014
- Conference Registration rates are as follows:
This year’s conference will feature a number of sessions that address different areas of International Education. A complete list of the sessions to be offered has been included below:
- Short Term Programs: A Roundtable Discussion (ISSS)
- InternConnections in Education Abroad (EA)
- Launch Your Career In International Education! (EA, IEM, ISSS, TLS, IEL)
- Undocumented Students and Study Abroad (EA)
- Games, Videos and Presentations – Tools and Information that Provide Pre-Arrival Information to International Students (ISSS)
- Difficult Students/Parents (EA)
- Community Groups: Costs and benefits of building bridges into the community (ISSS, IEL)
- F-1 Employment for Beginners (ISSS)
- Biculturalism and Multiculturalism (EA, EM, ISSS, TLS, IEL)
- H-4 to F-1 in Silicon Valley: Immigration and Life Transitions (ISSS)
- USCIS Updates and Question/Answer opportunity with CBP (ISSS)
- Gray Areas in International Student Advising (ISSS)
For a more detailed description of each session, please view the attached pdf (54kb ).