Management Development Program - Summer Program
Discover Your Most Natural Management Style with Two and a Half Days of Dynamic Interaction
International education requires greater management acumen than ever before. The Management Development Program will prepare you to apply your greatest strengths to the task.
Over two and a half insightful days, you'll be immersed in an interactive learning experience focused on finding your greatest management strengths
and putting them to the best possible use. Every major aspect of international education management will be examined to prepare you to analyze your own unique array of challenges and opportunities, and the options you have for addressing them.
You have the makings of a great manager - natural strengths that will serve you well as you manage your staff within an international education context. The key is to identify them and learn to maximize their impact especially during these challenging times.
20 Action-Packed Hours of Growing in Competence and Confidence
You'll start off the first day with a revealing analysis of the "big picture"—affected by forces beyond your office and campus. Over the course of two and a half days and seven modules, you'll see what it takes to manage the many coming challenges in all these areas of international education. And you'll come to appreciate that you have what it takes!
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 (8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
- Module 1: Learn to conduct an "environmental scan" and recognize outside influences
- Module 2: Explore the essentials of performance management by setting goals, giving ongoing feedback, and monitoring performance
- Module 3: Integrate change in your office—with minimal resistance—whether it's been thrust upon you or you've initiated it yourself
Thursday, July 25, 2013 (8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
- Module 4: Analyze your personal managerial style, the needs of your staff, and how to be more in tune with your surrounding institutional culture
- Module 5: Understand your organization's politics and to learn to apply "positive politics" to gain support and resources for your programs
Friday, July 26, 2013 (8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.)
- Module 6: Network to gain the crucial, multifaceted support you need to keep your program healthy and meet the needs of your institution
- Module 7: Find and focus in on your own potential sources of stress, and understand the importance of taking care of yourself