Working Together to Internationalize Higher Education
Effective and sustainable methods of internationalizing the teacher education curriculum are critical to fostering a global perspective among both future educators and their students. Our goal is to provide a space where deans, faculty members, senior international officers, and program directors convene to discuss issues, challenges, and solutions in interinstitutional collaborations at home and abroad, identify model practices and programs in experiential learning and fieldwork, and explore metrics and assessment tools used to evaluate progress.
Curricular Designs for Global Learning
November 20, 2014
How are colleges and universities reimagining undergraduate curriculums and majors to help students thrive in a globally interconnected world? Register now to hear leading experts in the field will share models of curricular designs driven by mission-level global learning commitments and highlight successful outcomes based on use of these models.
Meet a Thought Leader
Helen Marx, PhD, is an assistant professor in the School of Education at Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven, CT. Her current research interests involve global education, study abroad program design, and internationalizing teacher education.
Connect with Helen and other thought leaders in the LinkedIn community.
Explore resources on internationalizing teacher education published in recent journals and presented in other academic and professional forums.
- Koziol, Stephen, James Greenberg, Letitia Williams, Elizabeth Niehaus, and Claire Jacobson. "Internationalizing Teacher Education: A Systemic Initiative." College of Education, University of Maryland. Paper presented at the International Conference on Education for Teaching, Glasgow, Scotland, 2011.
- Longview Foundation for Education in World Affairs and International Understanding. Teacher Preparation for the Global Age: The Imperative for Change. Silver Spring: Longview Foundation, 2008.
- Mansilla, Veronica and Anthony Jackson. Educating for Global Competence: Preparing Our Youth to Engage the World. Asia Society and Council of Chief State School Officers, 2011.
- Schneider, A. I. "Internationalizing Teacher Education: What Can Be Done?" U.S. Department of Education, 2003.
- U.S. Department of Education. Succeeding Globally through International Education and Engagement, U.S. Department of Education International Strategy, November 2012.