Advisers facilitate the goals of international educational exchange while ensuring institutional and individual compliance with applicable laws and government policies. This section of the NAFSA website assists advisers in this demanding role, by making available relevant news, law, and guidance resources.
NAFSA IssueNet lets anyone in the international education community report regulatory issues of concern and lets NAFSA members contact NAFSA regional volunteers for liaison assistance with USCIS.
The NAFSA Adviser's Manual is online, searchable, easy to navigate, and integrated with a document library of source documents like federal regulations and government memos. Log on or get your license today!
NAFSA Government Connection events offer NAFSA members and international educators the opportunity to interact directly with federal agency officials on matters affecting their work; their international students and scholars; and their institution.
Download NAFSA A.M. Podcasts!
Listen on the go, or stream episodes right at your desk.
|News and Announcements
- NAFSA Comments on Proposed STEM OPT Rule
- SEVIS 6.23 Implementation Delayed Until December 4, 2015
- View a Copy of the Proposed Form I-910: STEM Mentoring and Training Plan
- Proposed STEM OPT Rule Published On October 19 With 30-Day Comment Period
- Change in filing address for concurrent I-140/I-907 filed for Maryland, New Jersey, New York, or Pennsylvania worksites
- GAO Report - Nonimmigrant Visas: State Has Reduced Applicant Interview Wait Times, but Sustainability of Gains Is Uncertain
- DHS sends Nepali special student relief notice to OMB for review
- Read NAFSA Comments On SEVP Draft F-1 Employment Guidance
- USCIS Teleconference on USCIS Forms
- Revised Procedures for Determining Visa Availability for Applicants Waiting to File for Adjustment of Status
- August 2015 DAS Lerner Letter to Exchange Program Sponsors
- Special Student Relief benefits for qualifying Haitian students extended until July 22, 2017
- USCIS non-ELIS e-FIling System to sunset on August 30, 2015
- USCIS speaks on effect of using a TPS EAD on nonimmigrant status
- Changes Planned for OPT Information in SEVIS 6.23
- WashTech Files Appeal In STEM OPT Case
- Summary of June 2015 DOL Stakeholder Meeting
- SEVP Changes I-17 Update Process for Adding DSOs; DSO Update Supporting Docs Now Submitted Via Email When I-17 Update Is Submitted
- Final Guidance on When to File an Amended or New H-1B Petition After Matter of Simeio Solutions, LLC
- White House Report - Modernizing and Streamlining Our Legal Immigration System for the 21st Century
- USCIS Completes Processing Return of Unselected 2016 H-1B Cap-Subject Petitions
- CBP Begins Testing an Enhanced Handheld Mobile Device to Collect Biometric Exit Data
- USCIS Resumes Special Handling For H-1B Extension Filings
- Vermont Service Center RFEs To Be Printed On White Paper As Of July 6, 2015
- 2015-2016 OES Wage Data Effective July 1, 2015
- TPS for Nepali Citizens; SSR Being Planned
- Updates on Visa Technical Issues
- USCIS Temporarily Suspends Accepting New I-539s Through ELIS
- Government Connection: NAFSA Online Event Featuring the MAVNI Program
- Government Connection: NAFSA Online Event Featuring USCIS—SAVE
- Planning for SEVIS Release 6.21
- DOS Guidance Directive 2015-01 on Use of Shorten, End, and Terminate EV Functions
- Effective May 29, 2015: Final Rule Removing 10-DSO Limit And Allowing Part-Time F-2 and M-2 Study