Effective September 1, 2010, applicants for nonimmigrant visas (NIV) at US consular posts in Canada must use a new visa appointment system called The U.S. Visa Service. Applicants (including third country national applicants) will pay their visa application fee and make make their nonimmigrant visa appointments through this service.
Applicants can access the service online by logging into the U.S. Visa Service Web site.
The service can also be accessed by telephone, as follows:
- If the applicant is calling from within the United States, dial 703.439.2319.
- If the applicant is calling from within Canada, dial the following local numbers:
- Calgary - 403.800.1194
- Halifax - 902.982.2191
- Montreal - 514.400.2591
- Ottawa - 613.800.0917
- Toronto - 647.955.3736
- Vancouver - 604.800.2794
- Quebec City - 418.800.1751
- If the applicant is calling from within Canada, but outside the above local areas, dial the toll-free number 877.341.2441.
The MRV fee must be paid prior to scheduling an appointment. It can be paid on the U.S. Visa Service Web site or telephone system using Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Paypal, or in person at any Scotiabank Branch.
Prior to September 1, 2010, appointments were made through a fee-for-service telephone number or through the fee-for-service NVARS Web site. The U.S. Embassy in Canada Web site states,
- "If you have already scheduled to attend an appointment through NVARS, please pay your MRV fee prior to September 1, 2010 and bring your Scotiabank receipt with you to your appointment. If you have not already scheduled an appointment, we recommend that you wait until September 1, 2010 or later to pay the MRV fee and register through the new service."
- "Applicants who have paid their MRV Fee prior to September 1, 2010, but have not scheduled for an appointment: Beginning September 1, 2010, you will be required to pay your MRV fee prior to scheduling an appointment. As stated above, we recommend that applicants who have not started their application process wait until after September 1, 2010, to pay their MRV fee and schedule an appointment under the new, no-cost service. If you have paid your MRV fee prior to September 1, 2010, but have not scheduled an appointment, there will be a grace period from September 1, 2010 until October 1, 2010 during which you can still use your MRV fee for appointment scheduling. If you have not scheduled an appointment prior to October 1, 2010, you will have to pay the MRV fee again through the new service in order to schedule an appointment. If on September 1, you find that you have paid your fee but not scheduled your appointment, please visit CSC Visa Information Services for assistance."