Region XI Session Proposals
Call for Proposals
NOTE: The deadline to submit session proposals is June 13, 2022 at 5:00pm EST.
Contact our conference planners [email protected] with any questions related to session proposals.
The NAFSA Region XI Team is seeking proposals for sessions, workshops and poster sessions that reflect the best thinking in the field, informed by theory, research, and practice and cognizant of issues of diversity and inclusion. The goal is to offer a conference program that will appeal to a broad spectrum of individuals representing all of the Knowledge Communities (KCs) at a variety of levels of expertise (from newcomer, to mid-career professional, to experienced professional). This is an opportunity to learn from one another and to share expertise and experience.
The Region XI Team invites proposals that:
- Explore issues important to our regional audience
- Reflect innovation and cutting edge content
- Provide advanced content for international education professionals
- Stimulate and provoke discussion and audience engagement
- Deliver model practices using approaches for different types of learners
- Present evidence based on or supported by research
- Target either new, mid-career, or seasoned professionals
- Use multimedia approaches to enhance attendee learning
include, but are not limited to:
- Justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, identity, and belonging in international education
- Changing landscape of international education, for both IE professionals and the impact on students
- Uses of technology in program delivery, marketing, or other forms of communication
- Addressing mental health for students and IE professionals, especially from burnout, global crises, and the impacts of Covid-19
- Managing and leading through crises, and advocating for IE at departmental, institutional, and governmental levels
- Governmental policies and practices that impact international education
- Outcomes assessment, evaluation, and holistic student learning
- Faculty engagement and curriculum innovation
- Ethical issues in international education
- The current state of scholarship in the field
Proposals most likely to be successful are informative and relevant, encourage mutual construction of knowledge with attendees, and/or demonstrate application to the work of participants. Consideration will be given to the design of the presentation, the delivery method(s), the content, the scope and significance of the topic to the potential audience, the expertise of the presenters, and the institutional diversity of presenters, who should ideally represent different institutional and/or organizational types.
Proposals with presenters from multiple institutions/organizations will have a better chance of success. Special consideration will also be given to presentations that support NAFSA’s diversity efforts.
Fill out this form if you need help with a proposal idea or soliciting co-presenters.