Iowa has more than 150 NAFSA members hard at work at high schools, colleges and universities, and other institutions.
For more information about international education in Iowa, please visit the StudyIowa website.
The 4th Annual Iowa International Education Conference
Date: April 22, 2016
Location: Kirkwood Community College, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Call for Proposals: Please submit proposal by March
The cost of the conference is $20 for professionals and free for students.
join us for the 4th Annual Iowa NAFSA International Education
Conference. This will be a one day event from 9:00 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. This
conference will be similar to a regional NAFSA conference in that we will have
people representing all facets of international education in attendance
including admissions/enrollment management, study abroad, international student
services, and teaching/learning. This conference will be unique in that it will
be specifically for Iowa, and representatives from any school (NAFSA members or
non-NAFSA members) are welcome. We are hoping this event will not only bring in
large schools, but also smaller Iowa colleges and universities, as well as
community college representatives.
Sessions will occur in Iowa Hall on Kirkwood Community College's campus. A tentative schedule for the day will look like this:
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.: Registration
- 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.: Welcome
- 9:40 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.: Concurrent sessions I
- 10:40 a.m. - 11:30a.m.: Concurrent sessions II
- 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.: Lunch
- 1:10 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.: Concurrent session III
- 2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.: Afternoon Break
- 2:40 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.: Concurrent sessions IV
- 3:45 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.: Optional tour of Kirkwood International Programs
hope to see you in Cedar Rapids on April 22! If you have any questions, please
contact, Ken Nesbett.