Iowa has more than 144 NAFSA members hard at work at high schools, colleges and universities, and other institutions.
For more information about international education in Iowa, please visit the StudyIowa website.
The 3rd Annual Iowa International Education Conference
Date: April 20, 2015
Location: University of Northern Iowa Maucker Union, Cedar Falls
Please join us for the 3rd Annual Iowa NAFSA International Education Conference. This will be a one day event from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. This conference will be similar to a regional NAFSA conference in that we will have people representing all facets of international education in attendance including admissions/enrollment management, study abroad, international student services, and teaching/learning. This conference will be unique in that it will be specifically for Iowa, and representatives from any school (NAFSA members or non-NAFSA members) are welcome. We are hoping this event will not only bring in large schools, but also smaller Iowa colleges and universities, as well as community college representatives.
The cost of the conference is $20 for professionals and free for students.
All sessions will occur in the Maucker Union on the University of Northern Iowa's campus. A tentative schedule for the day will look like this:
- 8:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m.: Registration
- 9:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m.: Welcome
- 9:40 a.m.-10:30 a.m.: Concurrent sessions
- 10:40 a.m.-11:30a.m.: Concurrent sessions
- 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.: Lunch (with networking and guest speakers)
- 1:10 p.m.-2:00 p.m.: Concurrent sessions
- 2:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m.: Afternoon Break
- 2:40 p.m.-3:30 p.m.: Concurrent sessions
- 3:45 p.m.-4:15 p.m.: Optional Tour of UNI International Offices
If you have questions about the conference, please don't hesitate to ask. Also if there is a certain subject area that you would like to be covered in the conference, please let me know.
We hope to see you in Cedar Falls on April 20!
Presentations from the 2014 Conference
All links are to PDFs