Budget-Friendly Conference Tips
The NAFSA Annual Conference is a must for everyone in the international education field. Follow these tips to make the conference as affordable as possible.
Washington, D.C. on a Budget
- Tight budget? No problem. D.C. has plenty of free & budget-friendly things to do.
- Check out the local deals in D.C. during the conference dates to score reduced prices on attractions, dining, and shopping in the area.
Travel and Hotel
- Reserve your hotel room through NAFSA's online booking service. NAFSA's official housing site will open on March 1, 2019.
- Take local transportation to get from the airport to the hotels in NAFSA's block.
- Take public transportation, or walk to conference events. If you need to take a cab, share it with other attendees.
- If you choose to become a NAFSA member on your registration form, you'll receive the member registration rate—a significant savings!
- Volunteer at the conference! Depending on the number of hours you work, you can receive partial or even full reimbursement of your conference registration fee!
- Are you a full-time student? Students can register for the conference at a significantly discounted rate. Just include a copy of your current student ID with your registration package.
- Retirees from the field who are current members, community volunteers who are not gainfully employed in the international education field, and spouses/domestic partners who do not work in international education are eligible for a reduced conference registration rate.