Continuing the Benefits
A week at the NAFSA Annual Conference and Expo goes by quickly but there isn't any reason you can't continue the excitement, professional development, and networking you started at the conference throughout the year.
Relive and share the excitement with colleagues who were not able to attend by:
- Fill out conference evaluations that you receive via e-mail. Your feedback matters and will make a difference for future first-timers.
- Take advantage of the "new-to-NAFSA" membership special available until the end of June to receive all of the benefits of membership.
- Access the practice resources and tools in NAFSA's professional networks and MIGs to continue building your skills and experience.
- Report regulatory issues of concern and contact NAFSA regional volunteers for assistance through IssueNet.
- Each region will be holding a regional conference in the fall.
- Shop NAFSA's publications and download any free "member" only publications if you become a member.
- Stay updated with what jobs are available in international education through the NAFSA Career Center.
- Follow up with people you met at the conference. Even if you don't have a specific need in mind it is good to further develop relationships started at the conference.
- View the attendee list in the NAFSA 2019 conference planner and app to collect contact information for any contacts you developed that you would like to continue after the conference has ended.
- Follow @NAFSA on Twitter to stay connected with your colleagues and NAFSA after the conference.
- Check out your regional NAFSA webpage and get to know international educators in your region by subscribing to a regional network.