Annual Conference Theme
At the NAFSA 2020 Annual Conference & Expo, join us to explore the theme: Innovate, Influence, Impact.
Highlighting the role that the international education field plays in creating welcoming communities, advocating for social justice issues, fostering a dialogue and exchange of ideas, and influencing decisionmakers to support the field, the 2020 Annual Conference offers opportunities to explore best practices and new ideas. International educators, as both practitioners and leaders, are encouraged to use the theme to share how they respond to challenges and opportunities in innovative ways; how they make an impact through the work they do; and how they influence and inspire, not only their peers but also future generations.
The committee invites proposals that highlight:
- Innovation in design of international education programs and services through curriculum development and co-curricular activities.
- Access, diversity, and inclusion in international and higher education.
- International educators as influencers making an impact on their campuses and throughout their communities.
- Ideas, trends, and innovative approaches to scale for global and local impact.
- Creative and strategic responses to changing demographic, technological, and economic trends in international education.
- Integrating novel technologies in internationalization strategies.
- International education as a research field and foundation for intellectual innovations.
- Navigating legalities, risk, and ethical challenges around global operations.
- Assessment as a tool to measure impact and using data to influence change.
The committee welcomes innovative proposals that look to the future of the field, and expand and rethink current practices. The overall program will result in a diverse array of presenters and perspectives, including those with different nationalities, different levels of experience, and different institutional and organizational types.