NAFSA's eleven regions welcome you to join us at the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a special virtual conference held October 4 - 22, 2021. Participants gain access to live and on-demand region-specific content, as well as shared activities and events. This first-ever combined regional event will provide participants with new learning, networking, and engagement opportunities.
2004 Region II Conference
October 13-16, 2004
International Education in a New World: The Voyage of Discovery Continues
Region II is pleased to announce its 2004 Regional Conference "International Education in a New World: The Voyage of Discovery Continues" will be held in Missoula, Montana, October 13-16. The theme echoes the Lewis and Clark expedition, acknowledging that we are facing challenges in international education we have not faced before and that, as ever, intercultural understanding matters.
Missoula is a wonderfully eclectic, small city, and the conference venue is next to the Clark Fork River of "A River Runs Through It" fame. It’s also along the Lewis and Clark Trail. The conference hotel is the Holiday Inn Missoula - Parkside, the premier full-service hotel in Missoula. It is conveniently located in downtown Missoula, and is surrounded by parks, walking trails, restaurants, shopping and attractions such as the hand-carved carousel.
- Senator George McGovern (retired), former Presidential Candidate and Ambassador
- Michael McCarry, Executive Director of the Alliance for International Educational and Cultural Exchange
- Foundations of International Education: Foreign Educational Credentials Analysis
- Developing and Managing Education Abroad Programs
- F-1 Regulations for Beginners
- A scenic drive to the Mission Mountains for a dinner at the "The Dinner Bell" an Amish restaurant in St. Ignatius on the Flathead Indian Reservation (approximately one hour's drive from Missoula). The cost is $30 for the meal and the transportation.
- A restaurant hop and pub crawl in downtown Missoula, just a few minutes’ walk from the hotel. Your guides for the restaurant hop are the amazing volunteers from the Missoula International Friendship Program and your very knowledgeable guide on the pub crawl will be Chris Johnson. You can sign up for these at the conference.
- Fly fishing seminars right on the expansive lawn of the Holiday Inn Missoula—Parkside
- Hikes into the Rattlesnake Wilderness Area, just minutes from the hotel
- Shopping in a variety of small shops in the downtown area
- You may also want to plan a trip before or after the conference to Glacier National Park
- All your colleagues from Region II