NAFSA's eleven regions welcome you to join us at the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a special virtual conference held October 4 - 22, 2021. Participants gain access to live and on-demand region-specific content, as well as shared activities and events. This first-ever combined regional event will provide participants with new learning, networking, and engagement opportunities.
2015 Region IV Conference
Join us and 300+ of your closest NAFSA Region IV friends at the Region IV Conference in Des Moines, IA! The conference will be held October 28 – 31, 2015 at the downtown Des Moines Marriott.
- Gain knowledge and skills from experts in the field through attendance at pre-conference workshops (Oct. 28-29) and conference sessions (Oct. 29-31).
- Build your professional network through formal and informal networking opportunities.
- Get involved as a conference volunteer. Opportunities for resume reviews will be available again this year! If you're interested in meeting one-on-one with someone to review their resume, please indicate this on the volunteer form.
- Have fun and get to know Des Moines through our special events , including our opening reception at the beautiful and prestigious World Food Prize Building, sign up to participate in an educational service event through Meals from the Heartland, get hands-on with a cooking class offered at the Wallace House, and join us for the last Des Moines Farmers’ Market of the season – the #2 ranked farmers' market in the nation.
- Check out the Greater Des Moines Convention & Visitors Bureau for more area highlights.
Conference Registration/Conference Fees
|Individual Registration Category||Pre-Conf Cost||On-site Cost|
|NAFSA Academy Participant or Lifetime Member||$0||$0|
|One Day Member*||$175||$225|
|One Day Non-Member*||$200||$250|
*More details can be found on the registration form
**Includes one conference registration and one 1/4 page ad in conference program. Institutional partner registrations are not transferable and do not include fee-related workshops, special events, or housing. Each institutional partner agreement form will serve as one registration. Additional exhibitors attending the conference must complete the conference registration individually and make payment accordingly. The booth fee entitles the institutional partner to one clothed and skirted 6' table with two chairs and includes wifi and electricity. Registration must be received by September 25, 2015 for inclusion in printed materials.
Conference Schedule & Content
- View the interactive schedule
- Download the conference schedule-at-a-glance
- Download the Conference Program
- The 2015 NAFSA Regional Conference app is available to download for free in the App Store and Google Play, and gives you full access to the schedule of events. Log in using your registration confirmation ID, found in your registration confirmation email or on your conference badge.
- Download session handouts (Presenters: send your presentation to Molly Hoffman if you would like your presentation to be publicly available.)
The following Core Education Program (CEP) workshops will be offered at the 2015 Region IV Conference (registration is available on site):
- F-1 Student Advising for Beginners (8 hrs)
- F-1 Student Advising: Intermediate (8 hrs)
- J-1 Advising for Beginners (8 hrs)
- Expanding Roles of the Education Abroad Adviser (8 hrs)
- International Credential Evaluation: Understanding the Essentials (4 hrs)
- International Credential Evaluation: Secondary-Level Credentials (4 hrs)
Show your school spirit! You are encouraged to wear your university gear on Saturday, October 31.
Hotel reservations for the Des Moines Marriott Downtown are now open. Room rates are $125 per night for single (king bed) or double (two double beds) occupancy. The cut-off date for reservations is October 6. If the room block fills up before October 6, there will be no more rooms at this rate.
Make your reservation:
For online reservations, please book your room by clicking this link. If you have a preference for a king or two double beds, once you get to "Reservation Step 1 of 3" make sure to click "Make requests" for your room preference, and select from the "1 king bed" or "2 double beds" options. For phone reservations, call 1 (800) 228-9290 or (515) 245-5500. Mention the NAFSA Region IV Conference for the discounted rate. For conference related questions, please email Karen Williams, Conference Planner.
Conference Grants are awarded to applicants who demonstrate need in areas of professional development, training, or financial support. The Conference Grant equals the cost of full conference registration. Conference Grants cannot be combined with Very Motivated Presenter (VMP) discounts. Grants are available for individuals in the following categories:
- Student (seeking entry level ideas to enter International Education Field)
- Newcomer (employed in International Education but new to the field and/or NAFSA)
- Seasoned Professional (more than 5 years of International Education and/or NAFSA experience)
Complete this application form to be considered for a conference grant. Grants cover the full conference registration but do not cover costs for special events or workshops. Grant recipients will receive a special registration code to apply when they register for the conference.