Region V All-Region Summit Content
Region V Schedule-at-a-Glance
We look forward to seeing you on October 13 & 14 for the Region V program at the NAFSA All-Region Summit! Please view the schedule below for a list of Region V sessions and events. All events listed on the schedule are included in the price of registration.
Please Note: All information listed below is subject to change – check back regularly for the latest schedule and details about Region V events and sessions.
Day 1: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 2:00 PM (EDT) – 7:00 PM (EDT)
2:00 - 3:10 PM Block 1 Sessions:
- Student Recruitment in a Post-Covid World (IEM, Live Presentation)
- International Students’ Emotional Wellness - Creating Community and Effective Strategies (ISSS, Live Presentation)
3:20 – 4:30 PM Block 2 Sessions:
- Best Practices for Virtual Orientation and Advising (ISSS, Open Meeting/Roundtable)
- Innovative New Program Models: Collaborative Virtual Communities in Education Abroad (EA, Live Presentation)
4:40 – 5:50 PM Block 3 Sessions:
- IEM roundtable / credential doctor session (IEM, Open Meeting/Roundtable)
- Education Abroad Program Assessment Roundtable (EA/TLS, Open Meeting/Roundtable)
6:00 - 7:00 PM Block 4 Sessions:
- R5 Business Meeting/Networking (All, Open Meeting)
Day 2: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 10:00 AM (EDT) – 3:10 PM (EDT)
10:00 – 11:10 AM Block 1 Sessions:
- Do It For The 'Gram: Instagram Marketing for International Educators (EA, Live Presentation)
- J-1 Scholars and Covid 19: Survey Results and Implications (ISSS, Live Presentation)
11:20 AM – 12:30 PM Block 2 Sessions:
- International Education Leadership (IEL) in a post-COVID World (IEL, Open Meeting/Roundtable)
- Government Debrief/QA (ISSS, Open Meeting/Roundtable)
12:40 – 1:50 PM Block 3 Sessions:
- International Admission and Service: Different Departments, Same Goal (IEM, Live Presentation)
- Advocacy Session (All, Open Meeting/Roundtable)
2:00 – 3:10 PM Block 4 Sessions:
- Crafting a Sense of Belonging for International Students: Qualitative Study (ISSS, Live Presentation)
- Building and Maximizing Sustainable Provider Partnerships for International Internships (EA, Live Presentation)
Region V Grants & Awards
We encourage you to apply or nominate someone for Region V Grants & Awards.
Each year, the fall season is marked as a time for NAFSAns across the United States to convene for professional development and networking at fall Regional Conferences. To assess the prospect of in-person conferences in 2021, NAFSA staff conducted extensive research, reviewed NAFSA regional leader feedback, and consulted liability experts. Based on our findings, and especially the deep concern for the safety of our community, the NAFSA Board of Directors has concluded that we will not convene our constituents in person for fall Regional Conferences. This was a challenging decision especially as we see the vaccine rollout continue, though our commitment to the health and safety of our community remains steadfast.
NAFSA remains committed to NAFSA’s new strategic plan of educate, advocate, and innovate. In this spirit of innovation, NAFSA’s Regions are pleased to share that the fall season will remain a convening space for NAFSAns across the United States through the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a combined virtual event! Housed on one platform, NAFSAns will gather virtually to take part in unique regional offerings, as well as engage in shared networking and activities on October 4 through 22. Attendees will access region-specific content by logging onto the platform for their designated days and selecting their region from the main landing page. This first-ever combined online event will broaden learning and engagement across all regions. Attendees will have access to all regional offerings throughout the October dates, so learning and professional development is not limited to one region.
Additional information about Region V’s content will be posted on this page as it becomes available. To learn more about the NAFSA All-Region Summit, visit the event homepage.
We also encourage you to apply or nominate someone for Region V Grants & Awards