2016 Conference Hotel Info
Tuesday, Sept. 20 update: The discounted block of rooms at the Hyatt Regency is fully booked. There may be some cancellations if you’d like to call the Hyatt directly. The Region XI team advises registrants to seek alternative accommodations using standard searching on discount or other websites.
Note about rate and fees for those who have booked at the Hyatt:
The NAFSA hotel rate is $219 (plus 13% room tax).
The Hyatt will apply a mandatory resort fee to all reservations. Please note that this fee is NOT included with the aforementioned group room rate. The resort fee has been discounted to $10 for NAFSA per room, per night.
Resort Fee Includes:
- Overnight self-parking
- High-speed guestroom internet access
- Hyatt Shuttle van transportation to/from downtown Newport (NOTE: dropoff/pickup location is Bowen's Landing on Market St; Hours of operation vary)
- All-electric Hyatt water shuttle to/from downtown Newport (Note: dropoff/pickup location in the dock at Bowen's Landing; service available spring through fall; hours of operation vary and service is weather dependent)
- Two bottled waters per guestroom, per night
- Newspapers at the front desk
- 24 hour access to the fitness center
- Unlimited local phone calls
- On-property resort activities (i.e. Movies on the Great Lawn, bike usage, etc.)
*NOTE: If valet parking is utilized, an additional $5.00 fee will be added to existing resort fees above.