Chair Position Description
Term: 1 year (preceded by one year term as Chair-Elect, and followed by one year term as Past Chair)
Appointment: Elected by the membership
- Must have served on a past team. Experience with NAFSA organization and activities. Attendance at past conferences and conference workshop presentations a plus.
- Must be NAFSA member working in education.
General responsibilities include:
- Serve as voting member of chair stream and regional team.
- Work with chair stream to coordinate and oversee regional business
- Develop agenda and chair four team meetings:
- Spring team meeting
- Summer team and conference planning meeting
- Team meeting at national conference
- Team meeting at regional conference
- Develop agenda and coordinate two business meetings:
- National conference
- Regional conference
- Assist Conference Planner with plans for regional conference
- Approve expenditures and sign checks for regional business.
- Liaise with national headquarters to coordinate regional and national business
- Initiate search for chair of nominations committee
- Attend national leadership training when required
- Initiate search for and review future conference sites
- Respond to membership needs and requests
- Work with Info Tech team member to keep web site updated.
- Initiate call for award nominations for conference presentations.
- With Chair and chair-elect, consider appropriate candidates for regional team positions.
- Share information with other regional chairs.
- As available, attend other events: Spring Immigration Workshop, Advocacy Day, etc.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the GRAC team.