NAFSA's eleven regions welcome you to join us at the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a special virtual conference held October 4 - 22, 2021. Participants gain access to live and on-demand region-specific content, as well as shared activities and events. This first-ever combined regional event will provide participants with new learning, networking, and engagement opportunities.
Past Chair Position Description
Term: 1 year (preceded by one year term as Chair)
Appointment: Elected by the membership
- Must have served on a past team. Experience with NAFSA organization and activities. Attendance at past conferences and conference workshop presentations a plus.
- NAFSA member working in education.
General responsibilities include:
- Serve as voting member of chair stream and regional team.
- Serve as information source for Chair and Chair Elect.
- As member of the national NAFSA Regional Affairs Committee (RAC) communicate NAFSA information to the region and participate in RAC conference calls and meetings. In collaboration with other regional past chairs plan and present current chair training at the Washington Leadership Meeting (January).
- Assist Conference Chair and Chair Elect with annual regional conference. Provide conference support where needed.
- With Chair-Elect and Chair consider appropriate candidates for next term of regional team positions.
- Review and update Region XI operating procedures
- Attend and participate in the following:
- All regional team meetings (3 annually)
- Regional conference (November)
- Washington Leadership (January)
- National NAFSA Conference
- Other events as available - Spring Immigration Workshop, Advocacy Day, etc.