Special Projects Position Description
Term: Three years
Appointment: By chair stream
- A NAFSA member working in education
- Willingness to serve as a regional leader
- Support and encouragement of home institution to carry out responsibilities of Special Projects Chair, including participation in training events, regional and national conferences
- Previous experience in organizing and overseeing events and processes
- Serve as an active voting member of the regional team.
- Region Awards
- Solicit nominations from the region for annual Region XI Awards in the late spring/early summer
- Compile nominations from team members and entire NAFSA Region XI at large and coordinate with Chair stream to select awards recipients.
- Work with printers and engraving vendors to create annual framed and plaque awards for award at the conference.
- Conference Grants – Regional Conference
- Solicit applications from the region for Conference Grant Awards
- Coordinate with Chair Stream to choose Conference Grant Award recipients
- Solicit applications from the region for Mini-grant Awards.
- Coordinate with Chair Stream to choose Mini-grant award recipients.
- Itinerary for Awards Luncheon – Regional Conference
- Organize itinerary for awards luncheon presentation
- Organize seating arrangements for the team and special guests.
- Coordinate and manage Job Registry at annual regional conference.
- At Chair's request, initiate and manage specific, targeted conferences/workshops at other times during the year.
- Participate in regional team meetings and training to represent special project ideas and work with team members.
- Serve on the Conference Planning Team and assist with conference events as needed.
- Help the Regional Chair Stream in identifying potential candidates for the next term.