Committee: International Student and Scholar Regulatory Practice Committee (ISS RP)
Term Dates: January 2022 – December 2024
Chair-Designate: January 2022 – December 2022; Chair: January 2023 – December 2024
The International Student and Scholar Regulatory Practice Committee (ISS RP) is charged with identifying government-related practices and procedures that affect those who work with international students or scholars. The NAFSA Board of Directors assigned the following outcomes to this committee:
- Develop and maintain a system to receive regulatory practice issues related to international students and scholars from members and other sources.
- Identify regulatory and practice issues that need action through regulatory liaison by staff, or members as requested by staff.
- Identify practice items to be referred to Knowledge Communities for action through further education and practice resources.
- Assist the Vice President for Public Policy and Practice (VP PPP) in communicating to members on regulatory practice issues.
- Identify those issues that are longer-term public policy issues and forward them to the VP PPP for consideration.
Position updated March 2021