As assigned by the committee chair, the government liaison handles communication with U.S. agencies such as State Department and the Department of Education. This position is appointed by the VPPPP.
- Stay informed about current federal regulations that affect education abroad and potential changes to those regulations.
- Liaise with U.S. agencies such as the State Department, the Department of Education, and other relevant agencies as assigned by the committee chair.
- Invite U.S. government officials as a resource for sessions at the annual conference, regional conferences, and the Washington Leadership Meeting (WLM) in conjunction with NAFSA staff.
- Provide information or expertise helpful to the Education Abroad Knowledge Community (EA KC) if requested by the chair, particularly in updating website resources that affect education abroad.
- Serve on subcommittee and task forces as assigned.