Committee: Education Abroad Regulatory Practice (EA RP) Committee
Position: Government Liaison, Education Abroad Regulatory Practice Committee Member
Term Dates: Two-year term, renewable for one term (maximum of 4 years)
As assigned by the committee chair, liaise with U.S. agencies such as the State Department and the Department of Education. This position is appointed by the vice president of public policy and practice (VPPPP).
The committee is charged with identifying government-related practices and procedures that affect international educators, specifically those who work in education abroad. NAFSA’s Board of Directors assigned the following outcomes to this committee:
- Develop and maintain a system to receive regulatory practice issues related to education abroad programs and students, from members and other sources.
- Identify regulatory and practice issues that need action through regulatory liaison by staff, or members as requested by staff.
- Identify practice items to be referred to knowledge communities for action through further education and practice resources.
- Assist the vice president for public policy and practice in communicating to members on regulatory practice issue.
- Identify those issues that are longer-term public policy issues and forward them to the VPPPP for consideration.
Position updated July 2016