Committee: Education Abroad Regulatory Practice (EA RP) Committee
Position: Member-at-Large, Regulatory Compliance Representative
Term Dates: Two-year term, renewable for one term (maximum of 4 years)
The The Education Abroad Regulatory Practice Committee (EA RP) is charged with identifying government-related practices and procedures that affect international educators, specifically those who work in education abroad. NAFSA’s Board of Directors assigned the following outcomes to this committee:
- Develop and maintain a system to receive regulatory practice issues related to education abroad programs and students, from members and other sources.
- Identify regulatory and practice issues that need action through regulatory liaison by staff, or members as requested by staff.
- Identify practice items to be referred to knowledge communities for action through further education and practice resources.
- Assist the vice president for public policy and practice (VPPPP) in communicating to members on regulatory practice issue.
- Identify those issues that are longer-term public policy issues and forward them to the VPPPP for consideration.
The regulatory compliance representative serves as a member-at-large on the EA RP committee and is appointed by the VPPPP.
Position updated May 2016