The NAFSA Annual Conference brings together faculty, administrators, and professionals dedicated to infusing global learning and opportunities into higher education. The 2018 conference, held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, attracted approximately 9,000 participants, including 35 percent from countries other than the United States. The 2019 conference will be held in Washington, District of Columbia.
More than 200 concurrent sessions and 50 training workshops are held, as well as plenary sessions with distinguished world leaders, and networking receptions and informal meetings that provide opportunities for discussion of common issues, objectives, and programs.
Who Attends the NAFSA Annual Conference
Conference attendees typically include:
- Ambassadors and cultural attachés;
- University rectors, presidents, vice presidents, provosts, deans, and faculty members;
- International education and exchange administrators and advisors;
- English and foreign language program directors;
- Leaders of nongovernmental organizations;
- Business leaders;
- International education service providers from the private sector.
In addition, many national and regional educational advancement organizations attend the NAFSA Annual Conference as an opportunity to advance educational exchange with their area of the world.
Who Exhibits at the NAFSA Annual Conference
The NAFSA Annual Conference also offers an International Education Expo where more than 450 exhibitors from institutions and organizations who work in and support international education around the world display and discuss their programs, products and services. Exhibitors typically include:
- International student recruitment agencies;
- Universities and university consortia;
- Exchange organizations;
- Travel and insurance organizations;
- Research organizations;