In order to synthesize the research that has been done regarding education abroad, a number of individuals, organizations, and institutions have created bibliographies that organize the research into various categories.
A number of annotated bibliographies on U.S. students abroad compiled and edited by David Comp are available through his International Higher Education Consulting site. Bibliography topics include:
- Research, Assessment and Evaluation on International Education – An Annotated Bibliography ©
- Education Abroad and Its Value in the Job Market ©
- Faculty Members Abroad ©
- Female Students Abroad ©
- GLBTQ Students Abroad ©
- Heritage Seeking in Education Abroad ©
- Research on Underrepresentation in Education Abroad: An Annotated Bibliography © (1) (2)
- Research Bibliographies and Abstracts on Study Abroad ©
- Annotated Bibliography of Research on International Students in the U.S. ©
- Standards of Good Practice Bibliography for The Forum on Education Abroad
From Institutions and Organizations
The Center for Advanced Language Proficiency Education and Research (CALPER)
"Research on Language Learning in Study Abroad (1998-2005)" by Celeste Kinginger (2005) listed under CALPER Professional Development Documents may be of particular interest to Research/Scholarship subscribers
The Center for Global Education at California State University Dominguez Hills has as one of its objectives encouraging research in international education and includes work by a number of NAFSA members. The Center's collection is organized by author and title, and is also searchable by key word.
If you would like to recommend additional materials for inclusion on this page, please email TLSKC[at]nafsa.org.