Launched in 2010 by a group of dedicated TLS KC volunteers seeking to help graduate students both advance in their studies and succeed in launching their careers, NAFSA Graduate Student Central today is animated by a growing community of young educators dedicated to teaching, learning and scholarship in the field of international higher education.
This initiative first started as a special project within the Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship Knowledge Community(TLS KC) of NAFSA and was spearheaded as a subcommittee under the TLS KC Research and Scholarship Network. To learn about academic and professional needs of graduate students, the project leaders conducted an online survey and held several focus groups contacting students in graduate programs in international education across the globe. Based on the findings, NAFSA Graduate Student Central was created in 2010, updated in 2015 and is now at your service.
NAFSA Graduate Student Central:
- Yuliya Kartoshkina, University of North Dakota
- Scott Blair, Transnational Learning Consulting, LLC
- Diana Yefanova, University of Minnesota
Global Studies Literature Review:
- Emily Gorlewski, Western Illinois University
- Rhiannon Williams, University of Minnesota
NAFSA Graduate Student Central is pleased to recognize the people who joined and supported this community since its inception:
- Bryan McAllister-Grande, Brandeis University
- David Comp, University of Chicago
- Louis Berends, SIT Graduate Institute
- Noelle Sallaz, University of Arizona>
- and many others!
Join us and add your name to this list. Contact us!