In order to obtain a visa for study abroad in Spain, all students intending to study for more than 180 days will be required to obtain a "Certification of absence of police records". One of the two options for obtaining this certification is through the FBI Criminal Background check detailed above. For further information about visas for study abroad in Spain, please visit