The United Kingdom Border Agency has announced that each of the Consulates in the US are planning to offer in-person services to Tier 4: Student Visa applicants over the summer period. Please note that the arrangements, dates and times for each Consulate are different.
The attached announcement contains the following information:
The Visa Section at the British Consulate-General in Chicago is offering a walk-in service for PBS Tier 4 students only at the following times:
- 1 June 2009 - 30 September 2009 (excluding Memorial Day, June 23, Independence Day and Labor Day)
- Monday – Thurs: 10.00-11.00am only (no late arrivals will be admitted)
In order to be admitted to the Visa Section you will need to demonstrate that:
- You have completed an online application for PBS Tier 4
- You have paid the fee online
- You have had your biometrics taken
- You have brought your passport and supporting documents (a list of which will be e-mailed to you on completion of your online application).
Where possible, we will complete the application the same day, with a pick-up time of 3-4pm Monday-Friday.
Please note, however, that we cannot guarantee that you will be able to obtain a same day result until we see your application - you will be informed, on presentation of your documentation, when your application is likely to be completed.
The address of the British Consulate-General in Chicago is as follows:
The Wrigley Building
400 North Michigan Avenue