The United Kingdom Border Agency developed the attached templates with the Association of American Study Abroad Programmes/United Kingdom (AASAP/UK) for institutions to use to develop their own letters for students seeking entry as "student visitors." The templates include letters for students who are studying at:

  • An institution with a Tier 4 Licence (except those that are accredited by the British Accreditation Council)
  • A US institution that is accredited by one of the accreditation agencies in the USA but with no UK base, or
  • A British Accreditation Council accredited organization (in which case the home university/college produces the letter)