Effective June 29, 2009, USCIS will resume Premium Processing Service for Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, filed under the following employment-based preference categories:
- EB-1 aliens of extraordinary ability
- EB-1 outstanding professors and researchers
- EB-2 members of professions with advanced degrees or exceptional ability who are not seeking a National Interest Waiver
- EB-3 Professionals (immigrant workers with bachelor degrees who are members of the professions)
- EB-3 Skilled Workers (immigrant workers capable of performing skilled labor requiring at least two years of education, training, or experience)
- EB-3 workers other than skilled workers and professionals.
- Premium Processing Service is available for the Form I-140 classifications listed above provided the case does not involve: 1) A second filing of a Form I-140 petition while an initial Form I-140 remains pending; 2) Duplicate Labor Certification requests (i.e., cases filed without an original labor certification from the Department of labor); or 3) A Form I-140 petition in which a final decision has been made.
I-140 Premium Processing Service is still not available for the EB-1 Multinational Executives and Managers category, nor for EB-2 or EB-3 petitions seeking a National Interest Waiver.