Are you ready for the next step in your education abroad career? Learn current management strategies for program budgeting, assessment, evaluation, and planning in an education abroad context. Benefit from trainers who currently manage education abroad offices so that you can understand the challenges you might face and how best to meet them.
- Formulate a program/departmental strategic plan.
- Implement strategies for managing 'up', 'out,' and 'down'.
- Compare budget and record keeping processes.
- Develop a program operational budget.
- Identify key components of effective assessment and evaluation.
- Strategic Planning
- Managing in all directions
- Financial Management
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Trends and Issues
What Participants Are Saying
- I realized what I need to go back and learn more about in my own office. I was able to put into perspective my role, my supervisors role and those of senior management. -2016 Annual Conference workshop participant
- It made me think about the big picture in my office and how I need to outline some goals with my supervisor. Since I am still fairly new in my position, I feel like I have just been reacting rather than planning. This session made me consider some of the other aspects of my job that I need to address and gave me the tools to do so. -2016 Annual Conference Workshop Participant
- The session was excellent! It was a valuable opportunity to network and share bets practices with colleagues from around the globe. -2017 Annual Conference workshop participant
- Thank you for putting this workshop together! Definitely one of the best sessions I've attended! -2017 Annual Conference workshop participant
U.S.-based (and non-U.S.) -based study abroad professionals who are new or aspiring to the responsibilities and tasks of designing, implementing, and managing programs sponsored by their own institutions. Participants should have at least three to five years of experience in the field of education abroad and have working knowledge of education abroad advising and health, safety, and risk management.