The NAFSA Career Center will be located all week in room 308 and 309 in the Los Angeles Convention Center. The NAFSA Career Center hosts activities to further your career in international education.
Employer Information Panels
A panel of employers will discuss current job openings during 60-minute informational sessions. All employer information sessions will take place at the NAFSA Career Center (Room 308) and will be offered Tuesday through Thursday.
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ISSS/IEM
2:30 - 3:30 p.m. International Education
10:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. ISSS/IEM
11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. International Education
1:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. Education Abroad
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Education Abroad
9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. International Education
2:00 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. ISSS/IEM
Interested in getting your résumé reviewed? Visit the Career Center located in room 309 during the week. Sign up for a session on-site starting Tuesday at 8:30 a.m. Please bring a copy of your most up-to-date résumé with you. If you have any questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday - 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday - 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Thursday - 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Want to ace your next interview? Sign up in the Career Center for mock interviews with experienced International Education professionals on Friday, June 2. Sign up on-site starting Wednesday at noon. Please bring a copy of your most up-to-date résumé with you for your interview. If you have any questions, e-mail email@example.com.
Please bring a sample job posting for your mock interview!
Friday - 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Ask a Mentor
Do you have career related questions? Stop by the Career Center from 9 a.m. -11 a.m. and 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. Tuesday - Thursday to speak with experienced NAFSAn's! Sign up for a session on-site starting Tuesday at 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday - 9:00 a.m. - 12 p.m., 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday - 9:00 a.m. - 12 p.m., 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Thursday - 9:00 a.m. - 12 p.m., 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Career Center Speaker Series
Join us for the NAFSA Career Center Speaker Series! Held in room 309, the Speaker Series features presentations from experienced professionals in international education on a wide variety of topics.
- Using Social Media for Career Development. Tuesday, May 30 1-2 p.m.
- Top Ten Tips for Building a Career in International Education. Tuesday, May 30 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Informational Interviews: Best Practices Before, During, and After. Wednesday, May 31 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- How to Spot Red Flags in the Hiring Process. Wednesday, May 31 10-11:15 a.m.
- When Things Don't Work at Work. Wednesday, May 31 11:45-12:45 p.m.
- Exploring Leadership Journeys of Women Leaders in International Education. Wednesday, May 31 1:15-2:15 p.m.
- The Power of Constructive Networking and Building Your Reputation in International Education. Wednesday, May 31 2:45-3:45 p.m.
- One Person and Small Office Management: Tools for Success. Thursday, June 1 8-9 a.m.
- Panel Discussion for Mid-Level Professionals On Campus and Office Politics. Thursday, June 1 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- A Meeting About Meetings. Thursday, June 1 2-3:15 p.m.
- Technology Hacks for the Busy Office. Friday, June 2 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Introduction to Budgeting: A Guide for the Beginner. Friday, June 2 10-11:15 a.m.
Career Print Demonstration & Discussion
Career Print is an online self-assessment platform grounded in NAFSA's International Education Professional Competencies that identifies areas for individual growth and professional development. Drop to learn how Career Print can help you progress as an international educator.
- Wednesday, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
For Employers: NAFSA Conference Job Postings
This year, select the "Conference Job Package" when posting a job with the NAFSA Career Center. This special conference posting will stay active on the NAFSA Career Center through June 10, and your job will be highlighted as a "conference job" in the site search results so job seekers know you’ll be available onsite. You’ll also receive access to interview space in the Career Center and can host an information session onsite as well. Conference Job Packages come with access to the online résumé database and printing résumés onsite at the conference. Conference Job Packages are just $308 for members and $528 for nonmembers. Get started today by visiting jobregistry.nafsa.org to log in or create your employer account.
Follow Us on Twitter
Get the most up to date information about the career center at #NAFSA17 by following @NAFSAjobs!