The Rising Star Young Leader Award is given annually in recognition of a professional who has impacted the field of international education during the first five years of the recipient's area of work. The rising star will have demonstrated a commitment to internationalization and an ingenuity of thought that has the potential for having substantial and lasting influence upon global education.
To be considered for the Rising Star Young Leader Award a nominee:
- May or may not be a NAFSA member
- Has served in their present area of expertise/specialization no more than 5 years
- Shows passion and has made significant contributions to their department, unit, institution, organization, to the NAFSA community, and/or to the field of international education
- Has engaged in activities such as:
- Organized or led an activity or range of activities or services within their organization that promotes international education
- Demonstrated innovation in their area of specialization
- Presented at conferences and/or have engaged in publications of their work
- Contributed to international education as a volunteer leader, etc.
- Shows promise in making further contributions to the field of international education as a leader
Nominations will come from the NAFSA regional chair streams. Some regional chairs will nominate their fall regional awardee for this national award and other regional chairs will welcome recommendations from members in their Region. Please contact your NAFSA region if you would like to recommend someone for this award.