The Academy for International Education is an intensive yearlong training program with extensive networking opportunities. The Academy accelerates your learning process and prepares you for leadership. It is an investment in your career in international education.
This yearlong program is comprised of three training events, complemented by written assignments, regular cohort conference calls, and coaching. The Academy is an introduction to the profession of international education and its major practice areas. The program is flexible and designed to meet your individual needs and learning goals.
What Do Academy Trainees Receive?
The program is developed to provide you with a comprehensive view of international education while allowing you to tailor the program to your own learning needs.
The Academy tuition is $1,999, and includes:
- NAFSA membership for up to 18 months.
- Three-day Academy spring training, including:
(Trainee travel, room, and board not included.)
- An introduction to the profession of international education;
- Basics of:
- comprehensive internationalization;
- U.S. international admissions;
- education abroad;
- international student advising; and
- advocacy in international education.