NAFSA Welcomes non-U.S. Based Attendees
Welcome to St. Louis, Missouri!
Each year, a substantial group of NAFSA annual conference attendees joins us from outside of the United States. NAFSA is proud that our conference is reflective of the international collaboration that is the foundation of the international education field.
Be sure to check out the tips and resources below to ensure you are ready to make the most out of NAFSA 2020. If this is your first NAFSA annual conference, you will also want to check out our page for annual conference first-timers.
Before the Conference
Plan ahead with the visa and travel documentation you need
During the Conference
Attend sessions, programs and events and collaborate with colleagues from around the world
After the Conference
Maintain your connections from NAFSA 2020
Top 10 Tips for Non-U.S. Based Attendees
- Double-check your visa requirements and ESTA status well in advance of your departure to the conference! They may have changed since the last time you’ve traveled to the United States.
- If you need an invitation letter from NAFSA for your visa, be sure to submit the form by May 1.
- Don’t miss the Orientation for Participants Based Outside of the United States on Monday morning. It will provide a great overview of what NAFSA 2020 has to offer.
- Attend the U.S. Higher Education Partnership Fair to meet representatives from U.S. institutions eager to establish global partnerships.
- Use #NAFSA2020 to share your conference experiences on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Find programs with the globe icon in our online planner and conference app These are specifically tailored to non-U.S. audiences.
- Signing up for one of the NAFSA in St. Louis: Local Learning Experiences is a great way to tour and learn more about St. Louis, “the Gateway to the West.”
- If you need advice or directions on how to get around the conference locations or St. Louis in general, ask for help from the Conference Information and Hospitality Center located in the Washington Lobby of the Convention Center.
- Keep your conference name badge on in the convention center, but take it off when leaving conference venues.
- Take advantage of the new NAFSA membership rate for international members! Becoming a NAFSA member is a great way to continue your professional development and save on conference registration fees and future NAFSA purchases.