Region II All-Region Summit Content
Region II Schedule-at-a-Glance
We look forward to seeing you on October 14-15 for the Region II program at the NAFSA All-Region Summit! Please view the schedule below for a list of Region II sessions and events. All events listed on the schedule are included in the price of registration.
Please Note: All information listed below is subject to change – check back regularly for the latest schedule and details about Region II events and sessions.
Day 1: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 1:00pm (MT) – 6:00pm (MT)
- Region II Kick-Off, Business & Awards Meeting
- Social Event
- Gen Z and the Study Abroad Application: Lessons Learned
- Name, Image, and Likeness - Covering all the Bases
- Why are we meeting? Intentionality in gathering.
- So A Student Walks Into Your Office (ISSS)
- So A Student Walks Into Your Office (EA)
- Add Social 5-6 MST Thursday
Day 2: Friday, October 15, 2021, 9:00am (MT) – 2:00pm (MT)
- State Meetings
- Crossing State Borders: Reaching Sustainability through Regional Collaborations
- Effective Online Instruction and Program Development: Intensive English Program Context
- Internationalization at Home: Nonformal World Language and Culture Program
- New Student Orientation in a Post-COVID World
- Nonresident Tax – The Survival Guide
- Tourism or Study Abroad? Unpacking Student Travel in Secondary Education
- Two Approaches to Virtual Global Engagement for First-Year Student
- What Keeps You Going? Advising International Students Through Global Pandemic
Each year, the fall season is marked as a time for NAFSAns across the United States to convene for professional development and networking at fall Regional Conferences. To assess the prospect of in-person conferences in 2021, NAFSA staff conducted extensive research, reviewed NAFSA regional leader feedback, and consulted liability experts. Based on our findings, and especially the deep concern for the safety of our community, the NAFSA Board of Directors has concluded that we will not convene our constituents in person for fall Regional Conferences. This was a challenging decision especially as we see the vaccine rollout continue, though our commitment to the health and safety of our community remains steadfast.
NAFSA remains committed to NAFSA’s new strategic plan of educate, advocate, and innovate. In this spirit of innovation, NAFSA’s Regions are pleased to share that the fall season will remain a convening space for NAFSAns across the United States through the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a combined virtual event! Housed on one platform, NAFSAns will gather virtually to take part in unique regional offerings, as well as engage in shared networking and activities on October 4 through 22. Attendees will access region-specific content by logging onto the platform for their designated days and selecting their region from the main landing page. This first-ever combined online event will broaden learning and engagement across all regions. Attendees will have access to all regional offerings throughout the October dates, so learning and professional development is not limited to one region.
Additional information about Region II’s content will be posted on this page as it becomes available. To learn more about the NAFSA All-Region Summit, visit the event homepage.