One of the great strengths within the field of international education is a shared belief in the value of diversity and inclusion. Diversity and inclusion are celebrated with our 30+ Member Interest Groups (MIGs), founded by members wishing to explore some facet of their world with others. For years, NAFSAns have connected on topics of importance – whether based on the dimensions of their career, affinity for a region or country, and core aspects of their identity.
Member Interest Groups are:
- One of the most personal and welcoming ways to find your place in NAFSA
- Open to all international educators interested in connecting and networking with colleagues who have similar interests
- Communities that promote the sharing of information and experience among their members and with professional colleagues
Engage with Others
- Community College IIG
- Healthcare Institutions IIG
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities IIG
- One-Person Office MIG (OPO)
- Postdoc SIG
- Secondary School International Educators
- Women's College & University IIG
By Country or Region
- Black/Multicultural Professionals in International Education SIG (B/McPIE)
- Christian SIG
- Creative Industries MIG
- Embassy Dialogue Committee on Education (EDC)
- Foreign Born International Educators SIG (FBIE)
- Global Learning in a Domestic Setting MIG
- Global Nomads/Third Culture Kids SIG
- Intensive English Programs (IEP)
- International Education for Persons with Disabilities (IEPD)
- Internships, Service Learning, and Research Abroad (ISLRA)
- Jewish Community MIG
- Marketing and Communications
- Peace, Justice & Citizen Diplomacy SIG
- Phase II: Continuing Educators MIG
- Rainbow SIG
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteers SIG (RPCV)
- Sponsored Program Administration (SPA)
- Summer & Customized International Programs MIG
- Sustainability SIG
- Technology MIG
- United Nations SIG
- Women & Leadership in International Education
Member Interest Group communities are located in the Network.NAFSA space.
- Navigate to Network.NAFSA.
- Login with your NAFSA ID and password or create a login.
- Select the “Communities” tab on the navigation bar.
- Select “Member Interest Groups” from the drop-down catalog.
- Select the blue “Join” button for your MIGs of interest.
We ask that any MIG Leader Changes be documented through the MIG Leader Change Smartsheet. This allows any changes to be documented and ensures new leaders receive all of the correct MIG Leader communications.
Per NAFSA's Standing Rules, a Member Interest Group (MIG) may be established if a group of NAFSA members identifies a common interest related to international education and exchange or related to international education and exchange at a specific type of institution, and if the group wishes to organize itself to create a means to pursue the common interest. To create a MIG, please review the Guidance for MIG Leaders & Organizers and reference further guidance in the NAFSA Standing Rules.