NAFSA’s Member Interest Groups (MIGs) are a unique resource for NAFSA members and non-members. These 30+ groups, founded by members, value diversity and inclusion. Each MIG fosters information sharing and interest-specific resources. MIGs provide a personal and welcoming way to find your place at NAFSA and within the field of international education. Connect by country or region. Engage with similar special interests that are connected to a professional or personal identity. Share within like institutions.
Member Interest Groups are:
- Communities that support NAFSA members and non-members in their careers, studies, and research
- Connections to a network of colleagues with similar interests
- Resources that foster information sharing and professional and educational support
Looking to engage with others at the same type of institution?
- Community College IIG
- Healthcare Institutions IIG
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities IIG
- One-Person Office MIG (OPO)
- Postdoc SIG
- Secondary School International Educators
- Women's College & University IIG
Looking to connect with others sharing an interest in a country or region?
- Africa SIG
- Canada SIG
- China MIG
- Francophone World SIG
- India MIG
- Japan SIG
- Latin America and Caribbean SIG (LACSIG)
- Middle East Interest Group (MEIG)
- South Korea MIG
Looking to share with others with similar professional or personal interests?
- Black/Multicultural Professionals in International Education SIG (B/McPIE)
- Christian SIG
- Creative Industries MIG
- Embassy Dialogue Committee on Education (EDC)
- Foreign Born International Educators SIG (FBIE)
- Global Learning in a Domestic Setting MIG
- Global Nomads SIG
- Intensive English Programs (IEP)
- International Education for Persons with Disabilities (IEPD)
- Jewish Community MIG
- Marketing and Communications
- Peace, Justice & Citizen Diplomacy SIG
- Phase II (retiree) MIG
- Rainbow SIG
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteers SIG (RPCV)
- Sponsored Program Administration (SPA)
- Summer & Customized International Programs MIG
- Sustainability SIG
- Technology MIG
- United Nations SIG
- Women & Leadership in International Education
Join a MIG
Anyone can join a Member Interest Group!
- Navigate to Network.NAFSA
- Login with your NAFSA id and password, or create a login
- Select the “Communities” tab on the navigation bar
- Select “Member Interest Groups” from the drop down
- Select “Join” for the MIGs of interest
Be sure to update your preferred notification settings and learn more about how to navigate Network.NAFSA.
Propose a new MIG
Per NAFSA's Standing Rules, a Member Interest Group (MIG) may be established if a group of NAFSA members identifies a common interest related to international education and exchange or related to international education and exhcange at at a specific type of institution, and if the group wishes to organize itself to create a means to persue the common interest. To create a MIG, please review the Guidance for MIG Leaders & Organizers and reference further guidance in the NAFSA Standing Rules.