NAFSA's eleven regions welcome you to join us at the NAFSA All-Region Summit, a special virtual conference held October 4 - 22, 2021. Participants gain access to live and on-demand region-specific content, as well as shared activities and events. This first-ever combined regional event will provide participants with new learning, networking, and engagement opportunities.
Chair Elect Job Description
Term: 1 year (followed by one year term as Chair, and one year term as Past Chair)
Appointment: Elected by the membership
- Must have served on a past team. Experience with NAFSA organization and activities. Attendance at past conferences and conference workshop presentations a plus.
- Must be NAFSA member working in education.
General responsibilities include:
- Serve as active voting member of Chair Stream and regional team.
- Liaise between the Region and NAFSA national on matters of membership, outreach, training information and trainer corp. Attend national training workshops (WLM) .
- With Chair and Chair-elect, Identify and nurture future team members.
- Share regional information with other regional chairs-elects.
- Assist in planning team meetings:
- Spring meeting
- Summer conference meeting
- National Conference
- Regional Conference
- Assist with Regional conference, assist conference planner in developing program.
- Work with chair stream to assist in developing and selecting future regional conference sites.
- Approve expenses for various regional activities.
- Participate in scheduled conference calls with Regional Chair-elect peers nation-wide.
- As available, attend other events: Spring Immigration workshop, Advocacy Day, etc.