Connecticut State Rep Job Description
Term: 3 years
Appointment: By chair stream
Qualifications: NAFSA member working in education in the corresponding state.
- Serve as an active voting member of the regional team and represent state interests to team. Report on state wide activities and needs at annual spring planning meeting.
- Build a state wide communication network. Maintain and update state email and mailing list.
- Actively reach out to members and non-members. Try to involve all international educators in state activities including community college and K-12 members and non-members.
- Identify state needs and plan relevant programming. Set periodic Connecticut state meeting schedule, invite guest speakers/presenters, and assign host institutions. Hold meetings on topics of interest to state NAFSAns and other international educators. Depending on constituency, meetings can be held monthly, bi-monthly, or twice annually.
- Serve as a conduit for discussion of issues of educational interest to state international educators as well as forward important updates on NAFSA, events, training, or special session.
- Serve as liaison with government officials and offices as appropriate.
- Special additional planning duties when regional conference is in state (e.g. serve on Local Arrangements Committee).
- Correspond and collaborate with the Regional team on developments, programs, issues, concerns at the regional level.
- Manage state budget. Disperse funds as appropriate based on state needs. File necessary paperwork with treasurer.
- Attend and participate in the following events:
- the Annual NAFSA National Conference
- team meeting
- region meeting
- regional state rep meeting
- the Region XI Annual Conference (organize State basket)
- Region XI Leadership Team meetings
- Serve as an information source for members, advising and referring as appropriate.
- Assist the Regional Chair Stream in identifying potential candidates for the next term.
- Orient successor.
- Other duties as assigned!