Region XII Northern CA District Conference Series
Innovating for a New Global Landscape
Thank you for your interest in this year’s Northern CA District virtual conference series! Given the unique challenges of the past year, the Northern CA District is committed to providing ample opportunities for professional development, sharing best practices, and networking--all free to attend. We look forward to engaging virtually in March 2021.
Submit a Conference Proposal
Contribute to the success of this year's conference series by presenting a session. The annual district conference would not be possible without incredible content and sessions from international education professionals across the region.
Proposal submissions are open from now until January 11th. We highly encourage collaboration across institutions and organizations, as well as including student voices/presenters in your sessions. Submissions are encouraged from all areas, and some current hot topics identified for 2021 include:
- Diversity & inclusion, anti-racism, intersectional identities
- Intercultural communication and/or competency
- COVID-related topics
- Technology/virtual programming, programming that is NOT Zoom
- Enrollment, retention, recruitment
- Budget - doing more with less
- Job uncertainty, career development
- Crisis and risk management
- Regulatory/policy changes
- Being proactive rather than reactive
- Adapting rapidly
- Advising in times of uncertainty
- Climate change/environment
March 5-24, 2020
- Keynote speakers
- Live sessions, panels, and town halls
- Live exhibitor hall
- Resume reviews
- Networking and social opportunities
The full conference series schedule will be live in January. Check back to see specific dates and times soon!
As the field of international education navigates unprecedented challenges combined with tightening budgets, the Northern CA District is committed to making our events and opportunities as accessible as possible. With this in mind, registration for all 2021 conference series events will be free for attendees.
Registration is not yet open, but check back soon!