Major Functions and Responsibilities
- Works with the KC ISSS team and KC ISSS regional liaisons to identify member issues and concerns and acts as a conduit of information and support.
- Stimulate a two-way flow of information between KC, Regional team and State Representatives as it relates to timely/relevant information and resources.
- Encourages regional liaison and team participation – in dissemination of information and member-to-member support through networking, discussion forums, conference sessions and activities, and other appropriate venues.
- Contributes in the determination of medium- and longer-term professional development needs for ISSS community with special attention to regional voices.
- Ensures dissemination of ISSS news to the regional liaisons so that these are communicated on the regional/local listservs, through social media, and during regional/local conferences.
- Identifies and cultivates future national and regional leaders from within the ISSS community.
- In accordance with member needs and the Strategic Plan, makes recommendations for consideration for the annual ISSS work plan.
- Conducts orientation for new regional liaisons and works closely with KC ISSS Chair stream, NAFSA staff, and Regional Chairs on appointment of regional liaisons as rotation occurs.