Proven Techniques to Integrate Study Abroad and Risk Management to Optimize Outcomes
Boston, Massachusetts: May 25-26, 2015, in conjunction with the NAFSA Annual Conference.
This seminar is designed for teams of risk management and education abroad professionals to attend together. These institutional teams will spend a day and a half with experts in both fields to:
- Create an international risk management action plan for their institution
- Discuss specific operational, financial, and strategic aspects of risk management
- Learn about future trends in both study abroad and risk management.
Facilitators and Speakers
- Paul D. Pousson
Associate Director of Risk Management
University of Texas System
- Denise Connerty
Assistant Vice President for Education Abroad and Overseas Campuses
- Lisa Zimmaro
Assistant Vice President for Risk Management and Treasury
This preconference event encourages risk management and education abroad professionals to attend together as an institutional team. The registration cost structure is:
- $470 for a risk management and education abroad institutional team of two people
- $240 for a third participant from the same institution
- $300 for individual participants.
This fee includes:
- workshop materials
- continental breakfasts and group lunches
- evening reception
- a complimentary pass to the first day of the NAFSA Annual Conference.
"The best part of this program was working with the risk management from my university. We actually had time to develop trust and confidence in each others' capacity to increase interest in this topic on our campus, and put more action items in place in our planning."
"I was really impressed with this workshop and found all the presenters did an excellent job, each offering their own expertise and personalities while really considering the roles of everyone involved in the process. It was so helpful in guiding us in the right direction, knowing that a good plan is possible, and everyone is learning and working to get a good handle on this issue."