NAFSA's work is guided by a strategic plan, developed and refreshed periodically by the Board of Directors. The plan announces the association's vision, mission, and values. It guides the association in developing services, programs, and products to serve its members. We are committed to a standard-setting level of excellence in our provision of services to members and the field.
In fulfilling its vision and mission, NAFSA organizes its goals around the organization’s three strategic focus areas: influencing public policy, creating and disseminating knowledge, and maintaining a strong organization.
Goals for 2018-2020
- Advocate for public policies that lead to a more globally informed, welcoming, and engaged United States.
- Support the integration of global perspectives throughout higher education by furthering comprehensive internationalization.
- Encourage and support global learning for students, scholars, and educators.
- Identify critical trends and issues, and champion responses that advance international education.
- Create and disseminate knowledge and resources and provide professional development opportunities responsive to the ever-changing needs of the field.
- Deepen and broaden NAFSA’s engagement with individuals and groups whose work contributes to the success of international education, through mutually beneficial collaboration.
- Continue to strengthen and diversify the association’s revenue streams and organizational infrastructure to successfully meet the challenges of the future.