Interested in helping NAFSA continue to be the leading association for international education? It takes nearly 600 member volunteers each year to serve the association in various capacities in order to maintain such a strong organization. Help cultivate new leaders like YOU! Join the Leadership Cultivation Subcommittee (LCS).
As a subcommittee of the Leadership Development Committee, the LCS works specifically to cultivate and develop emerging NAFSA leaders. We are currently engaged in communicating and promoting regional and national leadership opportunities and their benefits via marketing materials, social media, and other media.
Interested in joining a dynamic team? Looking for an opportunity to serve NAFSA nationally?
Commitment level and qualifications are below. NAFSA members from community colleges, liberal arts institutions, and members based outside the United States are encouraged to apply.
LCS members are asked to serve two-year terms.
- Participate in the face-to-face LCS meeting held at the annual conference in Vancouver, BC, Canada (scheduled for Monday, May 30). Unfortunately, NAFSA will not be able to provide travel assistance.
- Attend the Leadership Open Meeting at the annual conference (scheduled for Thursday, June 2, at 5:15 p.m.).
- Participate in monthly one-hour teleconference with the subcommittee.
- Spend two to four hours per month working on subcommittee projects.
- Willingness to support and help coordinate leadership sessions at your regional conference.
- Current NAFSA member.
- Ability to think "pan-NAFSA" but willingness to work with regional leaders.
- Ability to be results-oriented and work in a virtual team.
- Familiarity with adult learning styles and leadership development is highly preferred.
Still interested? Send an e-mail to [email protected].
Elena Anderson-De Lay is a member of NAFSA’s Leadership Development Committee and chair of NAFSA’s Leadership Cultivation Subcommittee.