Welcome Annual Conference First-Timers
Get the most out of your first NAFSA Annual Conference & Expo!
Whether you are new to the international education field or simply new to NAFSA, we are glad to have you join us in St. Louis! It is important to us that you have the tools and knowledge to cultivate a strong relationship with the international education community and make your first annual conference a success.
Annual conference first-timers have access to dedicated events throughout the week to help them make the most out of their time at NAFSA 2020. Check out the tips and resources below to find out what you can do at all stages of your NAFSA 2020 experience to build connections that will enrich your career for years to come.
Before the Conference
Start planning your NAFSA 2020 schedule
During the Conference
Attend the educational and networking events that advance your career goals
After the Conference
Continue the networking and professional development benefits
Top 10 Tips for Conference First-Timers
- Wear your first-timer ribbon with pride! Get it at the ribbon wall near registration on site.
- Don’t be shy about starting conversations – true to the spirit of international education, the atmosphere at NAFSA conferences is always warm and welcoming.
- Get social! Share your #NAFSA2020 experience on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Create your conference schedule ahead of time by using the online planner and the NAFSA 2020 app.
- Want to follow up with a new connection? Use the NAFSA 2020 app to send messages conference attendees.
- Got a business card? Make a note on the back of how you met the person or what you discussed so following up is a breeze.
- Keep special event tickets in a safe place like the back of your name badge holder.
- Attend at least one event or session outside your usual area of interest or expertise.
- Visit the Expo Hall to meet new institutional partners and explore the latest products.
- Save on conference registration fees and future NAFSA purchases by becoming a member.