The Value of Attending NAFSA 2020
Even with tightening budgets across the higher education sector, your institution needs to stay informed in the rapidly changing global education market. The NAFSA Annual Conference & Expo is the must-attend event for every international educator seeking to sharpen their professional skills and keep their institution or organization at the forefront of the field.
Talking Points for Your Employer
Is your employer hesitant to sponsor your attendance at NAFSA 2020? Show your supervisor how NAFSA 2020 provides substantial return on investment for your office and institution, both in 2020 and for years to come.
No other event or resource in the international education field provides this much outstanding value in only one week:
- Hundreds of hours of educational and professional development programming: From preconference workshops to open meetings to Signature Programs, NAFSA 2020 offers an incredible array of programming guaranteed to benefit anyone in the international education field, no matter where they are in their career or the size or type of institution where they work. Bring what you learn at NAFSA 2020 back to the office to share with colleagues and extend the value even further.
- Face-to-face contact with thousands of peers: Connect with new colleagues and institutional partners from the United States and around the world. Meet all your institutional partners in one place.
- Attend the world’s largest expo hall dedicated to international education: Explore exciting new products and services from providers in the field.
- Inspiration and motivation: Return to your office invigorated and inspired by conference speakers and your peers. Bring back what you learned to your office to update and encourage your colleagues.
When making your case for conference funding, plan ahead. Use the NAFSA 2020 online planner to research the conference schedule and create a written proposal for conference funding to present to your supervisor. Include the attendees and organizations you plan to meet, and the sessions and programs you plan to attend. Explain how these conference opportunities relate to your institution’s specific goals and challenges. Don’t forget to include how you will cover for your time away!
Save on Registration
- Become a NAFSA Member – NAFSA members not only receive the Member registration rate, they also gain access to NAFSA member benefits for a full year! You may be eligible for one of the special membership rates below:
- New NAFSA members: $199*
- Students and Retired Professionals: $99
- International Members: $359
NAFSA members save $300 or more on registration fees over the nonmember registration rate. Combining a NAFSA membership with your NAFSA 2020 registration is a great way to ensure the professional growth from the conference continues throughout the year.
- Register for the early-bird rate for a $150 savings off both member and nonmember registration rates. Remember, early bird registration ends April 17.
- Volunteer at the conference! Depending on the number of hours you work, you can receive a partial, or even full, reimbursement of your conference registration fee. Volunteering at NAFSA 2020 is also a great way to network with fellow attendees and NAFSA staff!
*Available to first-time members and to student members starting their first post-graduation job in the field.
Save on Accommodations
Reserve your hotel room through NAFSA’s hotel block. NAFSA’s official housing site will open on March 2, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. EST.