Your NAFSA Region III Leadership Team is pleased to announce the inaugural virtual conference for 2020! Vision 20/20: Seize the Present, Shape the Future will be held across several days in September and October in order to provide a variety of opportunities for members to gather and explore up to the moment, emerging trends in the field. The virtual program will feature:
- Real-time sessions and on-demand content curated by regional leaders across our Knowledge Communities
- Virtual poster fair to share hot topics and quickly emerging trends
- State, Knowledge Community, and MIG meetings
- Support for professionals new to the region or the field
- Resumé reviews and career planning resources
- And more!
Please watch this space and Network NAFSA for further details coming soon! We are looking forward to connecting online as a region. We believe in the strength of our NAFSA regional community, especially in times of change and uncertainty. We are committed as a region to connecting our community, engaging in meaningful discussions, supporting our field and shaping the future of international education.
Join the Event
Once registered, you can log into the event page linked below using the email address you used to register and the Confirmation ID Number included in your registration confirmation email. After logging in, you will be able to:
- Access and attend event offerings; and
- Add favorite program items to build your customized itinerary.
Please note: To attend event offerings and add favorite program items, you will need to register for the event.
The Region III Virtual Event full event schedule is live! Make sure to save the dates on your calendar for these upcoming events!
- September 22
- 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.: Newcomers and Prospective Members Intro to Region III
- 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.: Kick Off Plenary Virtual Lunch
- October 6
- 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m.: Virtual State Breakfasts
- 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m.: Knowledge Community Meetings
- 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.: State Highlight Breakout Sessions
- October 7
- 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.: Senior International Office Virtual Summit
- October 20
- 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.: Minority Serving Institutions Virtual Forum
- October 21
- 1:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.: Hot Topic Panels and Sessions
- 4:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.: Closing Award Ceremony and Virtual Reception
Registration is now open. You can register until October 21 to:
- Attend any part of the conference
- Access on-demand content through November
Registration can't be cancelled after September 22.
Virtual Program Rates*
- NAFSA Members: $18
- Nonmembers: $25
*Options for those facing budgetary restrictions due to COVID-19 will be available.
Virtual Poster Session Proposals
The format this year will be similar to a quick Ted Talk, in that presenters will be able to post one slide for viewing with 3 minutes of recorded comments. The brief presentations will be on demand for viewing through November and should focus on best practices, tips and tricks learned during COVID-19, research, emerging trends and other topics of discussion. This year proposals will be taken on a rolling basis through September and October so that as hot topics emerge, presenters can submit a poster topic. The goal is to utilize the poster sessions this year as an easy and convenient way to share diverse voices from across Region III.
Region III appreciates our Global Partners and the various organizations who support our regional efforts! We do have a few sponsorship opportunities for Vision 20/20: Seize the Present, Shape the Future. If you are interested, please contact Paul Hopkinson, Region III Development Chair.
Core Education Program Workshops
NAFSA is offering nine virtual Core Education Program (CEP) workshops in conjunction with the many virtual regional conferences this fall. These workshops, each presented by a team of seasoned NAFSA Trainer Corps instructors, are essentially the same ones offered at previous Region III conferences. Learn more about these virtual workshops. This is a great training opportunity but space is limited. Register early to reserve your seat.
This year, we know many colleagues are in transition between jobs or facing uncertainty with the stability of their current role(s). As such, Region III wants to make sure that there are still opportunities for résumé reviews even in a virtual format. 2020 Résumé Reviews will happen via one-on-one virtual meetings.
Region III invites colleagues to book a consultation time with one of our expert résumé reviewers:
Please visit our Résumé Review Booking SignUpGenius, select available times, enter name and email, and submit.
Please ensure that your résumé and socials are up-to-date, so that your reviewer will have the best information to work with.
Once your slot is booked, you will be e-introduced so that the document and knowledge transfer begin. You will be able to coordinate your preferred mode of meeting for your appointment time – telephone, Zoom, Teams, other.
If you have any questions about this process, you can contact:
Anne-Marie Bruner-Tracey, MA
Region III 2020 Conference Planner Apprentice
At this time, Region III invites résumé reviewers to register interest in providing constructive feedback to their colleagues. Reviewers should sign up online for all slots that they will be available to meet.
Here is what you need to do:
Please visit our SignUpGenius, select available times, enter name and email, and submit.
Please ensure that your profile in Network NAFSA is up-to-date as we will use this information for helping reviewees pair with professionals better aligning with their interests or career goals.
Once reviewers and reviewees are matched later this month, we will e-introduce you and let the document and knowledge transfer begin. You will be able to coordinate your preferred mode of meeting for your appointment time – telephone, Zoom, Teams, other.
- There is a $10.00 cancellation fee for refund requests received within two (2) weeks prior to the conference start date. No refunds will be issued for partial attendance. All donations and special event fees are non-refundable.
- No refunds will be granted within two (2) weeks of the conference start date. In the case of emergency/extenuating circumstances, special requests may be considered on a case-by-case basis by the regional leadership team following the conference.
- All fees for special events are non-refundable. Refund requests should be submitted to: [email protected]