Region II Treasurer
Three years. Term begins after that year’s financial report is submitted by the previous Treasurer to NAFSA D.C.
Member of NAFSA; prior service on the Region II team of at least two years; Strong experience in managing a budget; commitment to serve and attend regional and national conferences; confirmed institutional support for participation on Region II Team.
- Manage the assets of Region II in accordance with the by-laws, standing rules, and good practice;
- Prepare an annual budget and at the Fall Conference Team Meeting present it to the team for approval;
- Maintain appropriate financial records and prepare annual report and quarterly reports to the Region II Chair and to the team at the Fall Conference Team Meeting;
- Comply with NAFSA National Office requirements for reporting;
- Ensure that regional fundraising activities conform to the NAFSA Guidelines for Fundraising;
- Provide guidance with regard to saving and disbursing funds;
- Participate fully as a leader in NAFSA by attending the Region II Fall Conference and attending the Team Meeting, governance meetings and other sessions identified by the Chair as important; by attending the national conference and attending Region II Team meetings and the governance meetings and other sessions pertaining to important association business.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Chair.