Information for Non-U.S.-based Attendees
Each year, more than 40% of NAFSA annual conference attendees come from outside of the United States. NAFSA is proud that the conference is so globally diverse—that is the foundation of the international education field. Here are some suggestions to make the most out of NAFSA 2023.
Top 5 tips for non-U.S.-based attendees:
- Double-check your visa requirements well in advance of your departure to the conference! They may have changed since the last time you traveled to the United States. Also check travel health and safety guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization.
- Bring your business cards to ensure that you keep in touch with all the new partners you meet.
- If you need an invitation letter from NAFSA for your visa, the deadline to submit the form is April 28, 2023.
- Attend the preconference, a virtual conference orientation that will be in early May! Check back for more information about this in the coming months.
- Find programs with the globe icon in the online planner and conference app to hear global voices and perspectives.