NAFSA 2024 Call for Proposals
The NAFSA annual conference is the largest, most comprehensive gathering of international education professionals in the world. It is the premier event that convenes international educators, institutions, organizations serving the field, public officials, and country delegations in one place.
The 2024 Annual Conference Committee (ACC) invites you to submit a poster proposal for the NAFSA 2024 Annual Conference & Expo, that will be held May 28–May 31, 2024, in New Orleans, Louisiana.
NAFSA 2024: Resilience, Renewal, Community
The NAFSA annual conference brings together the global international education community to reflect, celebrate, inspire, and create. Together, we recognize and learn from the strength and expertise of the community, renew our mission, and chart the course for the future.
NAFSA 2024 will be a platform for global voices to work together to inspire our collective future. The ACC encourages proposals that reflect a forward-looking approach, feature bold ideas and global perspectives, and connect to the conference theme—particularly those that highlight the following topics:
- Resilience and prioritization of wellness for all international educators, students, and scholars.
- Thoughtful approaches to economic and environmental sustainability in international education, especially using the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and other cross-cutting methodologies.
- Global and multigenerational voices, particularly perspectives from the Global South, that contribute to a robust international education community for students, staff, faculty, and campus communities.
- World events and geopolitical factors that affect international higher education.
- New and changing technology that international educators can use to improve their work, processes, and results.
- Skills and competencies for professional growth, advocacy for leadership, and career development within the field of international education.
- Best practices from all of NAFSA’s Knowledge Communities and in the twelve areas outlined in NAFSA’s International Education Professional Competencies.
The 2024 Annual Conference Committee is looking for session and workshop reviewers from across all Knowledge Communities and professional backgrounds. NAFSA is hoping to increase the diversity of our reviewer pool, including adding more international reviewers.
Deadline to sign up: July 31, 2023
Sessions and Workshops Deadline: August 30, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. (EDT)
What is a session? Sessions are intended to provide attendees with model practices, key insights, and information that advance the field.
What is a workshop? Workshops are for training smaller audiences and teaching in-depth practices.
Decision notifications: By end of November 2023
Poster Fair Deadline: December 6, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. (EST)
What is a poster? Posters are visual presentations of model practices and programs. During the fairs, poster presenters and attendees have the unique opportunity to have one-on-one discussions about the topics presented.
Decision notifications: March 2023